About
2008-01-20

The Entrecarder  

I've made some changes to this blog and my approach to Entrecard and will take a moment to explain what I'm doing and why. I wish I could say that I had this strategy in mind from the beginning, but the truth is that things have just evolved to this point and likely will continue to do so in the future. As this blog is intended to be a record of My Internet Marketing Adventures, I've noticed that it was turning into mostly a record of my Entrecard activiites. Valuable, but that's not all that I am doing or want to do with my online marketing. The first offshoot was a blog about Affiliate Ads & Referral Programs, which is where I can write about ad companies and place ads and referral links that I don't want on this blog. The next related blog was about Blogger Communities, and then one about Reviewing For Money, Entering Blogger Contests, and the most recent one I've called The Entrecarder. Each of these blogs has a specific purpose and I hope that each will be of value to the reader. I'm just getting started with these blogs and will be scrambling to add quality content as quickly as possible.

At first I was going to give each of my blogs a different look so as to create a separate identity for them. As the number of related blogs grew I decided to use the same template for each and to cross link them via tabs. I'm hoping that the end result is a coordinated presentation of my Biz Beacon brand, with easy transitions to each site. Each blog has its own Entrecard, so feel free to jump via the tabs or links and get 6 drops for 1 basic visit. However, because they are separate sites the Archive and Search functions only cover the specific site you are on at the time.

Over time I might migrate (or copy) the Entrecard content on this site to The Entrecarder, as it really is my intent to push beyond the Entrecard world and start actually making some money on the Internet!


Comment posted by Who We Are
at 1/25/2008 11:49:00 AM
I think it's a good first step to bridge all the sites together. But now I think your job is to make each a specific brand within your six site community.


Comment posted by biz beacon
at 1/23/2008 8:27:00 AM
Duncan,

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I'm enjoying following my muse and learning by my mistakes. There will come a time when I will probably consolidate all the related Biz Beacon blogs back into one site and start worrying about rankings. But for now I'm having a blast just setting things up.


Comment posted by Duncan
at 1/23/2008 5:33:00 AM
The new design seems to work well. I've been using a similar approach for a long time now - it's helpful to distinguish between different genres at times. Only problem is the Technorati ranking gets split up. Alexa seems to recognise them all together.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ The Entrecarder

 
ss_blog_claim=468f581948980e4e1b35b377570c8dd5