About
2008-01-24

EntreBank on It!  


In case you hadn't noticed, the Biz Beacon group of blogs expanded yesterday to include The EntreBank. Due to a flurry of card dropping, I've already gotten quite a bit of traffic to The EntreBank and plenty of complimentary comments. No borrowers as of yet, but I have a feeling that that will change shortly. Perhaps people are giving me too much credit, in that my intent was to be able to use the EntreBank as a community-building tool more than a business proposition. I remember what it was like to have few EntreCredits and not be able to advertise on the higher ranking sites. Now that I have plenty of credits and find that most of the blogs are overvalued (especially mine), and considering the small percentage of the ad price that actually goes to the blog owner, I decided that it might be a good thing if I offered to help out some of the newer EntreCarders by lending them some of my EntreCredits. This was intended to be a non-cash transaction and repayment would be on the honor system.

Coincidentally, a new Entrecard account called EntreCash also debuted yesterday. From their website:

"EntreCash does one thing only. We buy and sell Entrecard Credits (EC), that’s it."

What an interesting day for the Entrecard community! Now you can buy, sell, and borrow EntreCredits from fellow members.

The fact that I didn't go right to buying and selling of EntreCredits when I was thinking about the EntreBank is probably why I have spent more time as a strategic planner and consultant than I have spent as an entrepreneur. It's just not in my nature to look for ways to make a buck...something that I would like to change a bit. So, in that spirit, I'm thinking of having The EntreBank offer EntreCredits for sale at 90% of whatever the going rate is elsewhere. Just message me on the Entrecard system and if you're really serious about buying EntreCredits instead of just borrowing them, then you can send some cash to my paypal account.

In the meantime, I'm banking on the Entrecard community to continue to double in size a couple more times and that's part of the reason I'm trying to manage multiple Biz Beacon blogs. Yeah, I know...I should probably be spending some time figuring out how to make money with my time. But old habits die hard and I'm having too much fun to worry about such mundane details just yet. Tomorrow. I'll start tomorrow!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ EntreBank on It!

  • Anonymous
    January 25, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

    You can also gamble to gain credits. Well, not really gambling since you don't have to pay. Take a look: http://www.joetech.com/ec_slot/

  • Anonymous
    January 26, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

    The gambling idea always gets kicked around. The problem is verifying the honesty of the operation, let alone managing all the credits. It could mean many emails a day sending credits.

    Entrecash was created 4 days ago and looks like a fly by night buy low sell high credit operation. I just sell high and skip the buying part. For the extra money you get the reputation of my site behind the transaction. Not some mysterious group operating out of some front in Canada. Who's behind it, a bunch of World of Warcraft goldfarmers?

    Selling credits is good for a few dollars a day, certainly not hundred or thousands of dollars. Best use of credits? Having people give you backlinks in exchange for them, either directly purchased or by trying to win a contest.

 
ss_blog_claim=468f581948980e4e1b35b377570c8dd5