About
2008-06-18

In Search of Entrecard Mates & Matches  

No, this isn't a post about an Entrecard dating service. The recent Firestorm nonsense has driven home how differently I am wired than the raucous crowd that has moved its clubhouse temporarily to the batcave. Amidst tears, depression, wringing of hands, and I-just-can't-let-this-go outbursts, the big kitty in the Firestorm sandbox was silenced and then promptly chose to go spray his essence somewhere else. This of course outraged at least a couple of dozen of his closest Entrecard buddies, some of whom swore off participating again in the forums, but decided to still keep their accounts active. What a sign of support! Help me Rhonda. Naturally, they who were the bullies are playing the victim and the fist shaking goes on and on.

Ho hum. Entrecard isn't going to die because of this, or the last pricing system change, or any of the other reasons folks have pointed at as their excuse for leaving Entrecard over the past 8 months. There will always be flamboyant departures and predictions of Entrecard's impending doom, and just as in true in real life, others will step up and fill the void. Adios and good luck to you, and thanks for any drops you made on my blogs.

What I realized is that I really don't like these people, the drama kings and queens, the bullies, the Firestormers, the whole group of self-proclaimed Entrecard A-listers. I don't like the way they process information, the way they handle their emotions, their crude language and classless humor, etc., etc. Which raises the question of "Where are the people I would like better in the Entrecard Community?"

My days of dropping 300, 600, 900 cards or more are done. I don't believe that Graham will be able to maintain the $9.50/1000 Exchange rate for ECs and a fully functioning, non-manipulated Exchange will have a credit vendor getting around $3/1000. That's not enough to justify any time specifically for earning credits. Accumulate 20000 ECs over a couple of months and sell them should you choose for $60 and that will help pay your hosting fees, etc. Also, the next big change in the Entrecard community is going to further encourage meaningful interaction over pure card dropping. Like it or not, Graham is dedicated to making us better Entrecard Community members.

OK, sure, why not? I've given up on the idea of being an Internet Marketer and I'm no longer farming credits, so I'm left with the idea of being a blogger...who really needs to find some mates (as in buddies) whose personality and style "match" my own. I'm not even going to limit my scope by blog topic, world region, gender, marital status, or educational background. Nope, I'm just on a quest to find a few people like me in the Entrecard community...if any others even exist, strange bird that I am.

As far as the forums go, I'll still throw in my 4 ECs worth now and then, primarily to do my part to help Graham as best I can. I guess one benefit of the Firestorm fiasco was it shook the fence and caused me (and perhaps some others) to decide whether to support Graham or take potshots at him. I choose the former.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ In Search of Entrecard Mates & Matches

  • lankapo
    July 4, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

    hi
    i am blogger from Malaysia, entrecard user too

    nice to meet u

    lankapo

  • Anonymous
    July 8, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

    Entrecard dropping seems easy because everything is up to you to do and decide. But, you have to rely on others to comment and drop for your linking success.

  • Anonymous
    July 22, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

    I too don;t like the a listers, also im not fond of the 300 quick drop list that only benifits 300 sites that is everywhere, seems like 300 sites are getting alot more free promotion then everyone else. I drop when i have time and i am finding it a good resource but, i have also decided publicity wheel and banner exchange are just as nice, and spottt.

  • Anonymous
    July 22, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

    Yup I suppose I had that kind of feels to..., the idea on just dropping around it's just not so socialize..., kind a like spamming in some other way..., I don't know may be I'm wrong...

    Nice to know u...

    Jaz

  • Anonymous
    September 17, 2008 at 6:44 AM  

    So what happened to you? You've up and left this blog as well. There are a lot of other people in EC who don't belong to the batcave club. Those kinds of people are everywhere. At the same time, your blind support of Graham is one of the reasons why I think he keeps messing up- things have gotten to his head.

    Lots of other problems with EC- right now the primary one being money- is going to make life very difficult for the young guy. It's time to tell the truth, not sugar coated niceties and good luck, good work, great job remarks.

 
ss_blog_claim=468f581948980e4e1b35b377570c8dd5